anyone haveing issues with ios 5 notifications?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Paulshaqz, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

all of a sudden my twitter notifications stop working on iphone and ipad they was working last night and early this morning and now it suddely just stopped?

i posted on the iphone fourm aswell just figured some of you ipad users might have this experince aswell.

2. celticpride678

3. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

i'm going to i just wanted to see if anyone had the same issue and if there was a simple way to resolve before i did. but i'm gonna report it anyways.

4. CleverName macrumors newbie

Twitter was very broken for me in iOS 5 beta 1, but I haven't had any problems in beta 2. (Notifications did not work, it would crash on my profile page, and it would often fail to send tweets.)

Try updating to beta 2 if you haven't. Here are the steps:
    1. Sync any devices that have beta 1 installed to the version of iTunes that came with beta 1.
    2. Upgrade iTunes to the version that comes with beta 2.
    3. Connect the device and install the beta 2 software. (Understand that you might see a failure to sync error when you first connect the device.)
    4. After installing the beta 2 software, restore from your the backup you made in step 1.

5. pmz macrumors 68000

Notifications have very strange issues in iOS 5 beta 1 & 2. I think they're mostly server side, as Notifications from certain apps work, and then don't, at random.

For instance, Mail notifications did not work for me on my iPhone for the first several days, after both betas, and then just started working.

I know these issues are frustrating, but it's beta, just go with it.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

It's a beta. Submit a bug report.