Anyone having a sound issue with their 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blown01NJ, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Blown01NJ macrumors member

When my phone goes on standby, I often go back in and I dont hear the "click" that normally happens when you go back into it. Then Ill try to text someone and the click from the keys is silent too. Its really pissing me off, anyone else experience anything like this?

2. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Nope, my sounds are perfect. Trying restoring your phone and going from there.

3. Blown01NJ thread starter macrumors member

Ive done that twice already. Rebooting the phone seems to bring the sounds back. I shouldnt have to do that though.

4. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Take it to an apple store when its not working right and show them. Maybe u can exchange it.

5. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Settings>Sound>A) Lock sounds B) Keyboard clicks

6. Blown01NJ thread starter macrumors member

If I exit the SMS app then go back in I have sound, but the click from bringing the phone out of standby is still silent.

I dont know if they will give me a new one because of that.

Does anyone know if the replacements they give you are brand new phones?

7. Blown01NJ thread starter macrumors member

I know.

They are all on, but like I said sometimes they stop mysteriously for no reason.

8. Blown01NJ thread starter macrumors member

My ringer volume also changes quite often without me touching it.

Anyone else?

9. Riemann Zeta macrumors 6502a

This is a known OS 2.0.0 bug, it happens on my iPhone 1st Gen as well. Just another reason why we desperately need firmware updates to address all the bugs in the "2.0 Beta."

10. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

yeah my ringer volume keeps going to the 'default' ringer volume(which is about 70%), everytime it goes into a sleep mode(or locked mode), and when i unlock it, i have to manually change the volume in settings again...it gets frusterating, but i normally forget about it because i have vibrate on...

11. Blown01NJ thread starter macrumors member

Do you also have issues with sound acting as if its off for things like texts?

12. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

no i dont have an issue....i was helping him on that, i had mine turned off for a lil bit on purpose, cuz i didnt want it, but it gets so hard using the keyboard without the lil clicks, and the lock button without it beeping or whatever that sound is..lol, so i need it

13. View macrumors regular

Happened to me a while ago. Restarting the phone fixed it.

14. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

yeah bro, happens to me to. I hard reset my phone every night so when i wake up i know it's a good ole refreshed iphone :)

15. Blown01NJ thread starter macrumors member

So you lose all your stuff every night? Thats worth it. :rolleyes:

16. Riemann Zeta macrumors 6502a

By hard reboot, I think he just means reboot. A true [H]ard reboot takes around 2 hours and erases all data, then writes over the data partition with 'entropy,' like the Secure Empty Trash function in the 10.5 Finder.

17. bayern macrumors newbie

I had the same problem, and rebooting and restoring wouldn't fix it. If you go into Settings>General>Reset and reset all your settings however, it should fix it.

You will need to put your wifi keys and stuff back in, but it has fixed the problem almost permanently for me (I had to reboot the phone once in 2 weeks).

I thought this may have been caused by plugging my iPhone into my non-compliant car-stereo adapter, but having fixed the sound and tested this theory, it didn't cause it.

Obviously this is a firmware issue that I hope they resolve pretty quickly. Hope this helps; there was nothing worse than always checking if you got a non-existent text because there was no sound.

18. gerginator macrumors newbie

I seem to be having a problem that after so long my phone won't make a sound when I receive a text message, but it will still vibrate. All other sounds work (like unlocking the phone, then re-locking it, ringtones when people call and everything else) but for some reason no matter what sound I set for texts they just stop working after a couple of hours and I have to restart the phone to get them back.

The weird thing is that it didn't do that until a few days ago and I've had my 3G since day 1.....:confused: