Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mackaveli

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2005
adium was working fine for me today and the previous weeks but now i can see people log in and so forth but i cant send msgs. it always just says connection error. Im using adium with my msn account.

Anyone else experiencing a similar problem?

thanks

zv470

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
Japan
Yeah, I couldn't connect to MSN with it before. Also... anyone having trouble with hotmail in Safari RSS? I can't seem to log out of the .NET Passport anymore.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
MSN has always been a bit wonky for me. Both MSN Messenger and Adium. I think they just hate my PowerBook, ;). BUT, with adium, usually I'll just quit and reopen the program, and I'm golden.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I've had a couple of annoyances lately: One "buddy" needs to be confirmed every time I start up Adium X. I have no idea why. And then there's the issue that Adium X crashes madly when I'm accepting incoming file transfer...

Other than that it seems fine... ;)

kant

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2004
mackaveli said:
anyone having any problem with adium?

None.

Other than that one great big honking one.

You know.

The fact that it's not Trillian.

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
Adium works fine here for me.
I log in to an MSN and ICQ account.

Oh by the way 0.82 was released today - so maybe an upgrade might fix your problems?

acedickson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2004
ATL
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
And then there's the issue that Adium X crashes madly when I'm accepting incoming file transfer...

You can transfer files? I still can't get it to work. There's a friend that I constantly send files to and receive from. Currently, I have to log into iChat to send/receive.

I wonder what my issue is?

mackaveli

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2005
thanks for the replies. yah adium just fixed it self after a short while and i havent had problem today.

so hopefully it stays that way.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
acedickson said:
You can transfer files? I still can't get it to work. There's a friend that I constantly send files to and receive from. Currently, I have to log into iChat to send/receive.

I wonder what my issue is?

I have problems with that, too.
I just make them Gmail it to me. ^_^

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
Adium sucks at file transfer, because it uses libgaim, which also sucks at file transfer.

I also wish we had Trillian on the Mac, though without the bulky, "skinning-only" interface.

acedickson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2004
ATL
When I try to send/receive and I click ok to receive, or they click ok to receive from me, nothing at all happens. It's been like this for me since 10.3.7. I'm thinking the problem may be either my computer or my friend's computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.