Anyone having bad battery life on ios 9.2?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by MaxBga, Dec 19, 2015.

1. MaxBga macrumors regular

MaxBga

Hey guys,

So i have something that's been bothering for a few days and it's the bad battery life that I'm getting with my 6s PLUS since I installed ios 9.2.

I feel like I got my old tiny 5s battery back?!

I used to have 40-30% left on long days & now I get home with 15-20%?

I use to have like almost 8hours of use on my phone and like 10hrs of use+standby but now even this indicator is buggy on ios 9.2... It shows me the same amount of time both of the indicators. So annoying.

So i was wondering if I was the only one experiencing this problem? Should I restore my phone to see what happens?

Thank you guys !

2. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

I've also noticed a slight reduction in battery life after 9.2. Not horrible but noticeable.

3. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

4. Applefan4 macrumors 6502

5. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Mine is poorer. Samsung chip if that makes any difference. I do run that evil FB app. But even with it deleted, if I use the Apple news app, I think that app is even worse. Anyway, yeah, there's slightly more battery depletion since I upgraded. It's not as bad as my 5s days but it's definitely noticeable.

6. VertPin macrumors 6502

VertPin

I just updated my 5S to version 9.2. So far, nothing bad to report.

7. HEK, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

image.jpeg 6s Plus, battery life seems a bit better on 9.2

8. Zirel Suspended

Zirel

9. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Even though the battery on my iPhone5 is getting a bit past it, I am now getting quite a bit less since upgrading.

10. Anand953 macrumors regular

I have a 6s plus Samsung chip.. Battery life has improved a lot after upgrading to 9.2.. Very pleased with the experience

11. MaxBga thread starter macrumors regular

MaxBga

Thank you guys for all the answers. So I guess it's just me.. I'm going to restore my phone and see how it goes then.

Oh and I have the TSMC chip by the way..

12. kvlq macrumors member

13. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

It's not just you, it's me, too, so let me know if the restore helped. I think one of my apps borked something. FB app and Apple news App in particular are always glitchy and drain my battery when I'm using them. They might be doing something in the background even though I keep a tight leash on them in settings.

14. MaxBga thread starter macrumors regular

MaxBga

It's restoring right now, I'm going to keep u informed. Buy yes, maybe it's an app problem as you said.. I used to have background refreshing off but I saw it on on friday, strange..

15. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I have a 6S+ with a Samsung Chip, and 8.5 hours average, and on the high side, I got 13.1. I was getting between 7 -10 hours on 9.1. I don't use the FB app, but I do use the News app and Safari a lot. I deleted FB a long time ago, as it seems that they just aren't gonna ever fix it.

16. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

That is a definite sign of a stuck app running in the background. Rebooting should have solved that.

17. kioko91 macrumors regular

kioko91

I'd say I've noticed a decrease as well since the update. I'm below 20% nightly now whereas previously is hover closer to 40% by the time I plugged in. Using a 6S+ for reference. My last best screen on time that I can recall was just over 13 hours which was extremely impressive. Lately that hasn't been the case. I'll screenshot before I plug in tonight if I can remember.

18. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Sometime you have to delete app and re download it. Also when not using app, close it. Some don't seem to respond to background being set off.

19. Yun0 Suspended

Yun0

my 1 year 3 month old battery is fine on the 6

20. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Yeah that's what I often have to do with the FB app. Delete and re download.

21. TOMIMOT macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

My 6s+ seems like battery had been improved . I for sure notice a couple more hours of battery. Check to see what apps you're running some may be draining your battery more than others.

22. MaxBga thread starter macrumors regular

MaxBga

So I've been using it today and I notice the difference. I don't know what I did that made it possible, maybe the fact that I restored my phone (and then use my backup to get my files) or ..

I get the same battery life as before, I'm not sure if it's even better or not..

23. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Try a reset all settings first. That is fast and typically will help especially after restoring a backup.