Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sixcranker

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
My iPhone 6 Plus which has 8.1.1 seems to be having issues intermittently with my Bluetooth speaker, which is a Bose Soundlink 3 speaker. I have made sure the speaker has the latest firmware, and I even done a factory reset setting on my phone.

My issue I am having is that I will be listening music and it will just drop the volume in half at random times. Sometimes if I don't do anything for a couple of minutes, it will go back to the volume it was originally at.

Any feedback would be much appreciated, especially if you have had the same issues and you found a resolution. Thanks!!

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
I've had similar issues since 8.0. For me it was related to certain other apps push notifications causing a sound 'conflict'. Ymmv.

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
Oddly this happened to me the other day on my Big Jambox. I just bought the Jambox and thought it was actually it, but I guess it could be a software issue with the phone. It hasn't done it since, but it did freak me out a little.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Anyone having Bluetooth issues with 8.1.1?

I have had major issues with my LG tone plus Bluetooth headphones since 8.1.1. I wish Apple would hurry up and fix this. It's even froze my phone. Oh and I have the iPhone 6 plus if it matters.

Last edited:

Sixcranker

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
I've had similar issues since 8.0. For me it was related to certain other apps push notifications causing a sound 'conflict'. Ymmv.

Yeah, I thought that about that but I have it on silent and this morning when I witnessed it happen, no notifications came through. My email won't fetch till I open the icon so it's not that.

Just a minor annoyance as it happens randomly....glad to see I am not completely alone in this issue.

I haven't checked Apple's forums yet to see if it is more prevalent elsewhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.