Anyone having charging / sync issues with their new 6S Plus devices?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spaceballl, Sep 28, 2015.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I'm not sure what the issue is... I have been very good about only buying MFI cables over the past few years, but now when I'm plugging in my 6S Plus, the same places that I charged my 6 (non plus) are working, but I'm getting the "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this phone" message.

I guess my questions are...
    1) Is this happening to others?
    2) If not, have I just bought cables that were marketed incorrectly?

The cables are still functioning, but the error message isn't one that I like to see!

2. Zafla macrumors member

Zafla

Not happening to me. My phone was plugged into an older Macbook Pro Saturday for the first time since it is right next to the couch and allows me to use it while on charge. Wasn't able to sync on that MacBook because the OS X is outdated. I plugged my phone into my own Macbook Pro last night and it synced for the first time just fine. I'm using the charger that came with my 6 Plus. I would stick to the charger that comes with your phone or buy one directly from Apple.

3. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Thanks for the response. It turns out that I have a defective unit. In addition to it not charging, the speaker is also broken. I'm at the Apple store right now.

4. Zafla macrumors member

Zafla

You're welcome. Hope they give you a replacement and you're in and out.

5. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Well... The good news is that they let me get a replacement device without a reservation.... And that I got the last one left. The bad news is that this whole process took two hours. Ugh! Glad it's done though...

6. Zafla macrumors member

Zafla

Yikes, I would've been impatient waiting. Cheers that the replacement device is doing better for you.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I got this with the cable that came with my phone lol. In unsure what the deal was. And it was only happening in the car plugging into the front USB port, which we've been doing for three years in this car. They swapped it out and it fixed (it also worked with other cables), so it could've just been a dud. Figure it was worth mentioning.. Maybe.