Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wako

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
I am having echoing issues regardless of how I am using my phone. Whether I use the phone by itself, if I use the phone with the headphones it came with, or if I use a bluetooth headset I will get echoes. 70% of the time it WILL ECHO. At first it wasnt annoying me but now its annoying the crap out of me.

What has made situations worse lately, is if I begin to talk when the other person is talking it will make the other person on the line VERY quiet. What makes it most troubling about this is that if Im a very loud place, the person almost because entirely inaudible!

Anyone having similar problems? Im hoping its the phone because right now it is VERY annoying, if its AT&T it means Im switching out!

sr5878

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
i had this problem with my old iphone -- it's the sim card.

take it to an at&t store, tell them you have echo, and they will give you a brand new sim card.

sr5878

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
How could a sim card cause echo?
(Not that I don't believe you... just wondering ;))

i don't know how, but i had 3 2g iphones replaced before i took it to an at&t store instead of an apple store, they instantly gave me a new sim, and i never had the problem again.

wako

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
i had this problem with my old iphone -- it's the sim card.

take it to an at&t store, tell them you have echo, and they will give you a brand new sim card.

alright thanks! i think Ill give that a try

GregH

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Utica, MI
Getting echoing all the time...

I've been getting echoing all the time when using the main handset...blue tooth on or off doesn't seem to make a difference.

Maybe its the poor reception in my office, or maybe it's a bad SIM card. I'll probably go to AT&T to see if a new SIM card does the trick...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.