Anyone having Home Button issues on the 6s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TRICKorDEVICE, Sep 25, 2015.

1. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

I'm hoping it is just software lag due to the phone restoring apps. But at times when I click the home button it does not seem to respond.

2. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone?

3. JerrySteinberg macrumors newbie

I'm replying so you don't think no one is reading but two friends of mine and I all have new 6s iPhones and there is no problem. You should contact Apple asap and get a replacement device as the home button is far more responsive than it was on the 6.

4. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I don't experience that with my home button. Only issue I have is how fast Touch ID works. So I will need to learn to use "just the tip" of my thumb on the home button.

5. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you for responding. I'm gonna go to the Apple Store today and try to do an exchange. I shouldn't be having this problem on the phone I got yesterday. Thanks for all your help

6. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Did you do a restore from a previous backup (5s, 5, 6)? Have you tried setting up the phone as new and download some apps to see if it still happens? I would really hate for you to return the device to get a new one that has a bad pixel or some other issue.

7. zjazz macrumors 6502

Sorry you having this issue. Yes, like said before the home button is very responsive. Good luck! I'm sure they will swap it in no time for you.

8. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm...do you really think it could be a bad restore?

I had a hell of a time restoring from an encrypted iTunes backup. But I don't want to lose all of my data, health, Apple Watch, etc.

What do you think?

9. celly macrumors 6502

Agreed. Having used it since the 5s launch and liking it on my iPad Air 2, the responsiveness of the 2nd gen Touch ID is taking some getting used to....in a good way. I've still got the factory plastic on my 6s + and Touch ID works great with it on. I can imagine how great it will work when "naked".