Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xmx38207

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2022
My monitor black screen several times a day, and need to turn the monitor off and on to resolve the problem.
It was working without any issues before updating to 12.3.1
See if anyone has the same issue:rolleyes:

Mac Studio (M1 Max) @ 4K 144 VRR through USB-C

johnwhite1000

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2022
Have had no problem with 12.31 causing black screen so far. Am running Dell 3219q monitor connected to Studio via a Warrky USB c to Display Port Adapter cable from Amazon running 4k at 60. Have not tried connecting to the USB C input on the monitor though.

Last edited:

enricoclaudio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2017
I was having black screen issues with my pair of LG 32UN880-B mostly after macOS updates on my Mac Studio connected via USB-C with the LG supplied USB-C cable. After changing to Cable Matters USB-C to DisplayPort cable, black screens are gone. However, I decided to order a pair of ASD with VESA mount adapter as I found really hard to get used to non-Retina display after having an iMac 5K for the last 5 years. I’m keeping one of the LGs but the new one is going back to Costco as soon the ASD get delivered.

Reactions: xmx38207

xmx38207

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2022
Have had no problem with 12.31 causing black screen so far. Am running Dell 3219q monitor connected to Studio via a Warrky USB c to Display Port Adapter cable from Amazon running 4k at 60. Have not tried connecting to the USB C input on the monitor though.
I have found no problem when running 4k at 60, and even 4k 144 in HDR. It just randomly blank when running 4k 144...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.