anyone having issues with gmail push lately?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by psywzrd, Oct 28, 2009.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I've been having some battery issues lately and I'm trying to troubleshoot the cause. I think my gmail push might be a problem but I'm not 100% sure. Anyone else using gmail push notice decreased battery life over the last week or so?

2. Kevlar macrumors 6502

I find I lost a bit of battery life. But that was mainly to me picking up the phone more often to check emails, instead of checking once every 30 minutes, I check with every new email.

3. kicko macrumors 65816

just get pushgmail for .99 cents, your life will become much easier. :)

if you have more then a gmail account then mail notifer will be perfect.

Both push very fast!

4. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

I have thought about trying one of these apps out (pushmail, gpush or mail notifier). Do they really save that much battery life though? Also, I know that some of them require you to forward your messages, enter your login credentials, etc. - that worries me.

5. kicko macrumors 65816

The 2 apps i mentioned i know that both developers take security pretty seriously. I have had no issues, nor have i heard of users with issues.

I was asking these developers to add in privacy feature that will only notify if the new email and not include a preview.

I do not notice any difference using these as i did with gmail push through exchange.

6. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Are you saying there's no difference in battery life (good or bad) using gpush or mail notifier vs. regular gmail push?