Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanman64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
I missing a substantial amount recent of iMessages but I no longer see the "Downloading from iCloud..." message at the bottom of the Messages app. It seems to have downloaded older messages first, and then just kinda stopped and I can't figure out how to get it to download the rest.

I've left it charging all night, tried toggling iMessage on/off in iCloud settings, and even did a hard reset to no avail. Everything else from iCloud has synced fine (even 100+GB of photos) with nothing missing, except iMessages.

texasmac76

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2014
Yes I lost the last three months of messages. Strange. I can’t find a fix to this either to recover them

kepela

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2018
Los Angeles
I missing a substantial amount recent of iMessages but I no longer see the "Downloading from iCloud..." message at the bottom of the Messages app. It seems to have downloaded older messages first, and then just kinda stopped and I can't figure out how to get it to download the rest.

I've left it charging all night, tried toggling iMessage on/off in iCloud settings, and even did a hard reset to no avail. Everything else from iCloud has synced fine (even 100+GB of photos) with nothing missing, except iMessages.
I'm getting messages on my XSmax but not on my Ipad since changing from the X

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.