Anyone having issues with set alarms?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ideal.dreams, Sep 25, 2013.

1. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I set an alarm last night to be waken up at 6:40am this morning. I woke up at 6:40am exactly, but my alarm on my phone wasn't going off. When I woke the phone up, the alarm wasn't even set (i.e. the alarm icon wasn't in the status bar and the clock app showed it set to off). I'm 100% sure I turned the alarm on last night.

Has anyone else had issues with set alarms? I'm an extremely heavy sleeper so there's a slim chance that it did in fact go off and I swiped it while still asleep to shut it off, but I don't think that's the case since I woke up naturally at the exact time it was supposed to go off.

My phone wakes me up every morning so I really hope iOS 7 didn't botch something with the alarms.

2. Kinin2020 macrumors newbie

I guess you just simply forgot to set it mate :) luckily you woke up in time :)

3. davelanger macrumors 6502a

How do you set up your alarm?

Do you create an album then check off all the days?
    Also make sure next to your alarm its green so its ON.

If you do it correctly, to the left of your battery there will be a little clock icon.
    That is how you can double check to make sure the alarm is set to on.

you can also set up a back up alarm that goes off 5 minutes after as well.

lastly when creating an alarm make sure you have a song or tone picked and its not set to NONE.

4. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

I have set alarm on specific days, alarm icon was, however it didnt work.

5. davelanger macrumors 6502a

1. Did you try rebooting the phone?

2. if you set a manual alarm for a minute from now, will that alarm go off?

3. Were these alarms set up on IOS 6? If so have you tried deleting them then resetting them as new?