Anyone having issues with sharper corners?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Miltz, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Miltz macrumors 6502

I just picked up a new rMBP 13" and the bottom edge of the laptop digs into my hands when using the trackpad... A LOT... and it's really uncomfortable. Are there any solutions for this?

I Meant sharp EDGE, not corners.. sorry.

2. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

Picked one up earlier today and noticed the same thing! Coming from a MacBook Air, the edges on the MacBook Pro seem really sharp for some reason.

3. flur macrumors 68000

Yeah, the edges around the cutout in the front are impressively sharp. The could have softened the points without sacrificing the design, but they chose not to.

4. SkimMilk168 macrumors regular

My early 2014 15" rMBP does that too. But after I put on a shell, the edges are blocked by it.

5. Miltz thread starter macrumors 6502

So it's not just me. Typing is fine... But those edges are terrible. I never really used it before. Which model did you get?

6. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

The 13" with 8gb of RAM and 128gb of space. How do you like yours so far?

7. Miltz thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't like the edge when I'm using it on a desk, it feels terrible. I also don't like how iPhoto takes control of my images. I don't want to use that program. Other than that it's very fast and the screen very nice. I was torn between this and the macbook 2015...

8. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

Heh, same complaints for me. I was also looking at the MacBook but pinky and index finger had problems pressing the keys and the lack of ports kinda killed it for me.

Don't forget to adjust the screen to your liking! By default it scales text to 1200x800. I've adjusted mine to scale to 1440x900, which allows more of a website to be seen without having to scroll.

9. Montymitch macrumors regular

Montymitch

10. Miltz thread starter macrumors 6502

LMAO... this guy is funny. Honesty, the macbook 2015 looks more and more attractive to me now. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it yet.

----------

hmmmm, I don't know, the text seems to small now, not to mention the photoshop icons look smaller too.... can we increase the size of those?

11. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

The higher resolution may not be for you and you might as well run the default resolution if you are going to increase the font size. I personally think 1440x900 is big on a 15 inch (same resolution as the 13 inch Air), so I run 1920x1200. It took a while to get used to it.

Maybe set the dock to auto hide and gain space that way? If you start apps from spotlight (⌘ + Space) then the dock isn't that important.

I have just gotten used to the edge. The Air has that wedge shape that is easier on the wrists. You could get the ledge: http://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/07/ledge-wrist-protection-macbook-edges/

12. newellj macrumors 601

Someone made a comment about the palm rests in the MBA a while back that made me realize that without thinking about it at all I had very often been putting a legal pad on the desk or table, butted up against the palm rests of my rMBP. If there's space and you can hold your arms comfortably, all I can say is that it works and it's cheap. ;)