Anyone having issues with the Twitter App?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by crawfish963, Aug 16, 2010.

1. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

The Twitter, Inc app, not a 3rd party one. Out of the blue trending/ability to follow/unfollow is gone. I uninstalled and after a reinstall I can't even sign in. Just get stuck at "Authorizing" and get the wheel.

2. AppleSmack macrumors regular

Yep, I uninstalled mine. Lists weren't working for me.

3. crawfish963 thread starter macrumors 6502

crawfish963

Thought maybe it might be due to the jailbreak, but then I've been jailbroken since jailbreakme.com launched and Twitter has only been broken for me for about 24 hours. Google has been useless, no one else seems to be having issues.

4. crawfish963 thread starter macrumors 6502

crawfish963

Update: works fine while in safe mode (done via SB settings and reboot/safe mode). Been uninstalling apps and plugins all night to no avail.

5. crawfish963 thread starter macrumors 6502

crawfish963

Fixed. I disabbled all Rock extensions and reloaded them one at a time

6. feces macrumors newbie

I use Osfoora, its the least buggy and easiest to use of the 8 Twitter Apps that ive tried.

Steve

7. crawfish963 thread starter macrumors 6502

crawfish963

I love the interface of Twitter too much. I haven't had any issues, still not sure what rock extension caused it to fail.

8. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I was having same issue and following OP advice went in to ROCK and disabled Zringtoneshook and was able to log back into Twitter instantly. I believe that something in rock extensions is also causing twitter to repost whatever you last posted.

I do not have a clue what Zringtoneshook is or does or if it is even needed but if that is the culprit then ROCK needs to get to work.