Anyone having issues with their iphone update/itunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I don't know what happened, but for some reason, my hd space was eaten up and now I don't have any space left. btw: I have 500gb hd. I doubt I had 500gb worth of files.

I normally backup with my hardrive, how are the backups being created if you save backup in "iTunes this computer" instead of icloud (I don't have big icloud space). I have 128gb 6+ and I wonder if the actual backup space is reflective on how big my files is. i.e. 75gb worth of data will eat up 75 from my hd? am I making any sense?

basically something is consuming all my hd resources, and I don't know why all of a sudden my drive is full. anyone encountered this?

2. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

uh I guess everyone's having a perfect day except me... :rolleyes:

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

well hard to say without being there, do you know about iTunes making a dublicate of your library on your HD if you dont turn it off?

so if you have 50GB of music it can take 100GB of space if you dont turn that feature off in iTunes?

4. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

is that's really what's happening? where is the backup (where's the path) being stored if it's saved "this computer"?

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

well its not the phone backup its the iTunes Music Library, in iTunes go to Preferences, than on the Advance tab make sure copy files to Meida Folder is not ticked or this will make a dublicate of everything you have added to your music library which takes up hard drive space on your computer