Anyone having iTunes bought ringtones disappearing?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Nerdface Killah, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Nerdface Killah macrumors member

I bought a ringtone on my iPhone 6 Plus iOS 8.1.1 and set it as my main ringtone. I noticed a day later my phone was still using the Opening ringtone. I go back and see that the purchased ringtone is gone. I re-purchased it thinking I did something. The next day again it's gone again and main ringtone is set to Opening. Anyone having any problems like this?

2. nightstalkerz macrumors 6502

3. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Haven't had them just disappear. I have purchased ones and custom ones I made. However, on every update they do. Even purchased ones. Kinda crappy as my Bluetooth Settings and everything else are not affected by an update.

Needs fixed, am not going to keep re-purchasing ringtones. :mad:

This could drive me back to Android--well, not really--:)

I couldn't find in Music app where it shows purchased ringtones. Will look again as I just got email confirmation on one bought yesterday. Did not see any previous ones I bought. Just songs, albums.

4. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I just rebooted iPhone and lost same paid app from iPhone Ringtones I lost before. Was able to put it back on iPhone thru iTunes on iMac using Add To.

5. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

Yeap, bought a tone last week and it disappeared when the phone booted from the 8.1.1 update. It's not on the purchased list and if I look for it I have to buy it again.

Sent a email to iTunes support, still waiting for their answer and it's been more than 48hrs which it what they say it takes to get back to me.

6. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

What a way to sell more ringtones. They are going to have to stop wiping tones. Am new to Apple. Where do you post these issues with them.

As I posted, I am losing some on updates and reboots. They seem to be the purchased ones mostly.

7. Scott1012 macrumors member

Just had a chat with iTunes customer support. They are aware of the issue and has to do with IOS 8.1.1. They refunded my recent iTunes purchase.

8. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc