Anyone having podcast playback problem? - keep starting from beginning

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by g35, Sep 1, 2010.

1. g35 macrumors 6502a

Anyone else experiencing same problem as me? Seems like any time I have more than one podcast on the phone (all downloaded from WiFi) the playback gets screwed up.

Specifically,

1. if I pause a podcast and come back to it, it starts from the beginning, and
    2. the timer stays at 00:00 the whole way through, and
    3. the length of the podcast is displayed as --/-- in the list of podcasts.

It's not just the one shown, it's actually all of them except the American Limbo one. They start off normal, then after a day or two go weird.

Do I have to reset my phone? Really don't want to do that and am hoping someone has found a way of fixing it without resorting to that :( Obviously next step is to try downloading onto computer and syncing over but checking here as well.

I have an iPhone 4 on 4.0.1 and never had this problem with 3G on 2.0-3.0. Not Jailbroken, if it matters.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Haven't seen that problem on my iP4, and I listen to a BUNCH of podcasts every day. Most of mine are synced from iTunes on my PC (suscriptions) others downloaded via wifi or 3G (My3G).

Are these all from iTunes?

3. Time Less macrumors 6502

Time Less

all the time, it's very annoying but i think i found a solution.

this glitch happens to me when i sync my phone and chose the option to not sync podcast i downloaded from my iphone or itunes. click on the podcast tab and select the option you want to sync and it'll be normal again.

another annoyance i found when syncing podcasts are the cover art. itunes will use some of my music cover as the podcast, when clearly they have their own.

4. g35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the replies. Yes they're from iTunes. I guess I'll try syncing but that takes away the convenience of over the air podcast downloads from iOS 2.1! Oh well.