Anyone having problems charging?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AlamoJetWhiskey, Oct 3, 2012.

1. AlamoJetWhiskey macrumors newbie

Search hasn't brought up much. I've read about some phones not charging at all but that's not my problem.

My phone connects and charges just fine but it seems to disconnect and reconnect on its own quite often. Last night I had to unplug my phone it was getting so annoying. Every 5-10 minutes, the phone makes the sound like it was just connected to the charger and the screen turns on.(This is charging while plugged into the wall)

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? I'm thinking it may be the lighting cable so I may try to go to the apple store if it keeps up.

2. gtstricky macrumors regular

gtstricky

Do you have a case on it? My case touches the plug and keeps it from fully engaging. I have to spread the case opening when I plug it in and it works fine.

At some point I will take a small razor blade to it and shave off the part that hits it.

3. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

Seems like its a gap. Or glitch, I dont know what you call it in English, hah.

See if the USB-part onto the adapter is very fit.

4. AlamoJetWhiskey thread starter macrumors newbie

No case. I tired plugging it in a few times and flipped the lightning cable over as well with no luck.

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

50/50 being the power cord or the phone.

can you try a friends lightening cable ?

6. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a

hmm... maybe you can try a different wall outlet or use a surge protector. Check to see if the lightning tip is damaged or no debris is in the phone charging port. Also as the other poster said, try another lightning cable.

Good luck

7. A420Turbo macrumors member

Twice since the release date I've gotten a fully charged indicator when the phone clearly wasn't fully charged yet and was even losing power

Attached Files: