Anyone having problems syncing with iTunes 9.1.1?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mike808ec, May 3, 2010.

1. mike808ec macrumors newbie

Posted this in the Apple discussions, but haven't heard anything yet.

Was curious if anybody here had seen this.

I just got my new 3G ipad at lunch time. started syncing, I synced my music library first. Went to sync a couple of movies -- the movies transferred the music went away??

Synced the music, the movies went away???

When I go into iTunes I cannot select (and have the setting saved) to manually manage music and videos on the Summary page. I can check the box, but when I select another tab and return, the checkbox is unchecked.

When I select the music, Movies, and TV Shows tab, they are grey.

The work around seems to be to go into each of the above tabs, and select what I want to sync, then sync. Everything transfers.

The next time I start up iTunes though, I have to repeat the process. If I just attach the cable and sync, everything gets erased????

I hope I'm explaining this in an understandable way. The only thing I can think of is that I did update iTunes last night to 9.1.1.

I just tried syncing my wife's iPhone, and got the same behavior. It worked fine on Saturday (before I upgraded to 9.1.1)

Anyone know how to downgrade to the previous version on a Macbook Pro? I would be very curious if the problem went away with the old version.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. mike808ec thread starter macrumors newbie

Update...Original problem fixed, now have incomplete playlists.

I haven't figured out how to downgrade from 9.1.1 but i did find and follow the directions for removing / reinstalling itunes in the Apple Support section.

Syncing is now working, sort of...

It's not forgetting my sync settings any longer, but all of my smart playlists are incomplete. i.e. one of my playlists contains 63 songs. I have 63 songs synced on my iPhone but on the iPad I have 5.

Interestingly the songs on my iPad are determined by the smart playlists I've setup for syncing.

All of my music / songs are there, but every playlist contains a subset of the desktop playlist????

Any ideas?