Anyone having problems with applications not working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nec207, Oct 15, 2011.

1. nec207 macrumors 6502

I mean applications like iPhoto, iMovie ,iTunes so on:eek: saying it needs to be updated before it will work?

Does it have a time out clock or check for updates and if there is updates lock the applications ?? Saying you need to update it or did it install part of update but needs to download the other parts before it will work

Some of my friends are having problems :eek: it saying it needs to be updated before it works.Not all the applications are like that.

2. simsaladimbamba

Never ever came upon such "time restriction" with Mac OS X and Apple applications like iTunes or iPhoto or similar.

Can those friends provide screenshots for you to show them to us?

3. Young Spade macrumors 68020

You don't have to update them. If you're referring to the system updates that keep popping up reminding you, you can simply ignore or close them if you want.

I went and updated my iTunes to the newest version before activating my new iPhone, but I didn't have to do that either.

4. nec207 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm thinking that the applications may have gone bad or it did some of the updates but need more updates for it to work.Why because if this not the case than it does seem like a time restriction to force a update .

5. simsaladimbamba

There is no time restriction on updates. You either update, or you don't, and if you don't, you can still use the program, and if not, then there is still no timer.

If you get the chance, tell you friends to make screenshots and show them to us, maybe it is something entirely different.

Have they also tried running the applications in another, even temporarily created, user account?

6. nec207 thread starter macrumors 6502