Anyone having problems with gmail push?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by duncanapple, Oct 18, 2009.

1. duncanapple macrumors 6502

Hi All,

I had gmail/imap set up on my phone and recently deactivated that mailbox and started using the push email (i had already been using the exchange for my calendar) when they made it available.

It worked great for the first week - now I cant see any old messages, just new ones as they come in. Is the server having issues or did i tweak something on accident? All was fine yesterday? Oh and my fiances phone is set the same way (gmail push calendar and mail) and she is having the same problem which makes me think its a gmail thing?

Thanks in advance!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The Old messages are unavailable. Only those you have received since switching to Exchange are available on the phone.

TEG

3. duncanapple thread starter macrumors 6502

Really? I could have sworn the old messages were there too? Unless it had something to do with the fact that I had imap set up before... maybe they hadnt cleared out of the mail on the phone yet? If this is true it seems like a pretty big set back for the iphone/gmail push? Most times I guess you dont need old email but i may have to switch back to imap before the honeymoon - i have lots of emails with confirmations, phone numbers, etc. I guess I could resend them or just write them down in other places... sort of a pain... hmmm