Anyone having problems with Google Mail?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dogtanian, Oct 20, 2007.

1. dogtanian macrumors 6502

dogtanian

Help! Over the last week or so, I haven't been able to access my Google mail online via the google website, all that happens is it loads halfway in the address bar, then changes to another link, gets halfway loading then goes back to what it was trying before and gets stuck in a loop. This is the same in Safari as it is in Firefox.

Also, just to irritate me, Apple mail which is also linked to google mail is having problems where I can receive email but cannot send email, it just sits in my outbox!

What on earth am I doing wrong? I've been using a mac for about 4 years now and have a good knowledge but my troubleshooting skills have kind of gone out the window. Anyone else having issues or am I doing something wrong!

Please please help. Thanks guys.

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

You should try gmail on another machine...have you reset safari & firefox?

Bless

3. dogtanian thread starter macrumors 6502

dogtanian

It works fine on a windows laptop. Think it has to do with my Safari/Firefox settings? Don't believe I've made any changes recently but something must have changed.

4. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Funny. I have been having kind of the same problem with my mail and youtube. I cannot connect at all to my imap server anymore and I cannot go to youtube in Safari or Firefox. Works fine in windows though.

Also, it works fine other places but not a home anymore and it also works if I VPN to my university.

5. dogtanian thread starter macrumors 6502

dogtanian

Well now Mail.app works fine as I re-did my account but Gmail online just doesn't like my Mac...

6. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Works fine for me, neveranottaproblemo :p

using Camino 1.5.2/Tiger .10/G4-1.6.......

7. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

you never explicitly said you reset both Safari and Firefox. in Safari, you have to click on Safari in the menubar and then "Reset Safari". in Firefox, it's Tools, then "Clear Private Data".

have you tried other browsers on your Mac, such as Camino or Opera?

8. PenguinQI macrumors newbie

I've got the same problem, the inbox page just about fully loads and then it refreshes itself. The only way to stop it is quickly catching the 'Older version' option in the top right of the screen. It affects Safari, Firefox and Camino. I've reset all of them and still no joy. I've also reported it twice to Google, who inform me that my feedback is important.... if its so important why is it still happening after two weeks?

The account works fine on a Windows machine using IE.

9. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I am seeing this now as well in FF & Safari.
    Gmail loads and then hangs forever "Transferring data from mail.google.com".

10. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

For me and my GF this was slow as well... both on Macs.

11. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Force quitting Safari and then going back to gmail worked fine. :confused: