Anyone having problems with Mail?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by holycow, Jun 26, 2010.

1. holycow macrumors newbie

Sometimes it just won't update with new read/unread mail that I have in my gmail account. Other times, the blue dot marking a message as new won't go away after I've read a message.

Is this due to the multitasking? If I close it in the multitasking menu, it will correct itself.

2. chromey macrumors member

I'm having this EXACT SAME PROBLEM. Anyone have any ideas as to what causes this? It's pretty irritating when it says I have 2 unread messages when I have none and then puts blue dots on things I've already read.

3. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Yes, I have the problem as well, it's a bug in 4.0.

4. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

it is not the iPhone. You guys are using Google Sync right? It is something on Google's side.

5. holycow thread starter macrumors newbie

how is this on google's side? I never had the problem with my 3G even after I upgraded the OS. probably didn't happen because 3G can't do multitasking.

6. Fuchal macrumors 68020

It's not Google, I have the same problem with my MobileMe account. Only after upgrading my 3GS to 4.0.

Nice of you to defend Apple for no reason, though. :)

7. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Not much to add, but I am having the same problem.

8. CashDude macrumors regular

Same here. Also, it will say I have 2 new emails when I only have 1. I delete the one, and the "2" by the email icon goes away.

Also, sometimes I click on a new email and it takes me to some kind of sub folder and I have to click again to view the message. Weird.

9. Jonroach13 macrumors newbie

Lag

Anyone having issues with lag while in the mail application?

It's going PAINFULLY slow...

10. Mark Scheuern macrumors member

Yep, exact same thing here.

11. Eric-PTEK macrumors 6502

Same thing with Exchange and Active Sync.

From what I hear Google has fixed the issue...which is odd because they use Active Sync.

Today however I think my Exchange provider was playing around with Active Sync because neither my iPhone 4 nor my iPad would sync up right.

Working now.

It is iOS4, my 3GS went in the crapper after upgrading to iOS4, so did my wife's.

Before my iPad would ding and 2 seconds later my phone would, not its a good 5-10 minutes if I don't read the message.

12. mickhyperion macrumors regular

mickhyperion

Yes, it's definitely something related to iOS4. I've been noticing syncing issues all day on my gmail account between my desktop, iPad, and iPhone 4. To test, I powered my phone off completely and suddenly everything between the iPad and desktop snapped into perfect sync, even items on the iPad that should have synced hours ago.

EDIT: After powering off my phone as I mentioned then turning it back on, I now find syncing to be restored between all devices including the phone! I've moved several things back and forth between different folders and on all devices and everything syncs within the normal time frame. Turning the phone on and off seems to have solved it.