Anyone having recent problems with Vaja?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AuburnTigerr, Oct 18, 2007.

1. AuburnTigerr macrumors newbie

AuburnTigerr

Hi guys! I have a question :) I ordered a Vaja Classic Top Retro Dockable case. This is the first time I've ordered from them and when I ordered the case on Sept 26, the wait time was 15 days. A little long, but I think their cases are beautiful! It has been more than 15 days since I ordered and I've received very little communication from Vaja regarding it. I e-mail them last Monday, just to inquire about where it was. I was told that it was 'entering the middle of the manufacturing process'. Ok, cool. So I e-mailed them again this Monday, since it was over 15 days and I received the exact same e-mail saying that it was 'entering the middle of the manufacturing process'. I then e-mail her back, explaining that I received that same message a week ago and asking if there was any problem with my order. And I haven't heard anything since then. I don't really mind if they got delayed for some reason, I just want to know what's going on. I'm really excited about my case and I'm going out of town this weekend and really would have liked it before then. I'm wondering if I'm misunderstanding the 15 days.. maybe they mean business days? In which case, it should have been ready yesterday. I don't really mean to be complaining so much, I'd just like them to communicate to me if there is a problem :) Is anyone having this problem with Vaja right now? Or has anyone had this problem in the past? Any advice? Thank you very much :D

2. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Damn you ordered yours awhile ago, I ordered mine on october 4th and I'm expecting it, but maybe I shouldn't be? I hope it comes soon because I dont' want to keep my iPhone unprotected this whole time.

3. AuburnTigerr thread starter macrumors newbie

AuburnTigerr

An update.. it has now been almost a month since I ordered my case from Vaja. I've e-mailed them 3-4 times, only getting responses to the first 2 emails (which were the same and obviously automated - saying my product was entering the middle of the manufacturing process). I've already paid for my case. I've tried to find a phone number to call them, but haven't been able to. I'm getting frustrated :(

4. macman4291 macrumors regular

i bought a case for my 5.5 gen 80 ipod..and I ordered the case right after last thanksgiving...and I received it at the end of December, it took about 35-40 days....I was soo mad because I wanted the case before my trip out of town...and before christmas....and I riased a big stink that it took way too long..and they gave my a free 50 dollar coupon.

5. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I just received my case. It's an amazing case, fits very tightly, although it is not perfect. There are slight imperfections here and there, I might put up some pics at a later time to show htem.

6. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Ordered mine September 13, got it a week and a half ago... I had the exact same experience, I emailed asking about it, and they gave me two generic "its in progress thanks for your patience" emails. They said they would send a tracking number for it, so I wrote a 3rd email, the response was "its in progress thanks for your patience" again, and it arrived the next day!!! Their professionalism was greatly lacking, but it did come, was exactly what I ordered, and is amazingly high quality. Frustrating indeed, but worth the wait. Good Luck

7. buymeaniphone macrumors 6502

buymeaniphone

I've done a few reviews of the vaja cases and they absolutely rock! They are bar none my favorite case makers. Its too bad you're having so much trouble receiving yours. Keep in mind Vaja is located in Argentina so just the shipping would take some time, not to mention the fact that they are custom making your case. If you shoot me a private message, I can give you the director of Vaja's email address and you can try to contact him.

8. AuburnTigerr thread starter macrumors newbie

AuburnTigerr

Thank you so much guys for your advice and kind words :) I actually got an e-mail on Friday from Fed Ex saying that it had received a shipment from Buenos Aires, Argentina for me so I'm assuming that is my Vaja Case! I'll hold my breath until it actually gets here, but I'm hopeful. I think I'm going to take buymeaniphone's advice and e-mail the director just so he is aware of the problem. I'll update when I actually get my case. Again, thank you guys!

9. mkzamora macrumors newbie

because the website says 10 days. I called on the 12th day and complained that I have not received the item or a tracking number. That same day they sent it out. Unfortunately you do have to follow up with them and pester them a little. But it arrived and it was beautiful.

10. 3282872 macrumors 6502a

Wow. I have ordered numerous cases from Vaja, two for my RAZR's back in the day, an iPod 5G case and an iPhone case. All came within 14 days of ordering, and I had monogramming done on a few. Sorry some of you are having problems, I guess it's not a perfect company. The issue was really with shipping, it's based in Argentina and internationally shipping is a drag. Their products are top notch. I work at Apple and every time someone sees my iPhone case they inquire about it. Hope everything works at for you guys. :)

11. treehorn macrumors 6502

treehorn

I ordered my IPhone case from Vaja on 10/6 and it arrived today. No problems and so far I'm thrilled with it...it feels solid, the speaker isn't blocked so ringtones ring loud and clear, and it is thinner than a wallet so don't imagine it will add too much heft to my pocket (and now I don't have to worry about accidently putting change or my keys in the same pocket as my phone)

12. AuburnTigerr thread starter macrumors newbie

AuburnTigerr

Actually, my problem wasn't with shipping. I got a notification the day it was shipped from Fed Ex and it arrived exactly when Fed Ex said it would be. Something must have happened on Vaja's end and I had absolutely no problem with that. The problem I had was the lack of communication from Vaja regarding the issue. But I received my case on yesterday and it's beautiful :) I'm very happy with it!

13. samuraikiss macrumors regular

I'm glad that you finally got your case! Could you perhaps post some pictures? I'm interested in getting one of the Vaja cases when I get my iPhone. Thanks.

14. AuburnTigerr thread starter macrumors newbie

AuburnTigerr

Yeah, I'll try and get pictures of it up this weekend :)

15. warneford87 macrumors newbie

Well i ordered my iphone case on the 5th of Decenber and it is now the 15th of January and i havent received my case yet either. Screwed i think.

16. Aries326 macrumors 6502

They're probably backed up from the holiday season. I plan to buy mine at the end of the month when things have cleared up a bit.