Anyone having recurring problems from Beta 4-5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Abyssgh0st, May 8, 2009.

1. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I've noticed little to no bugs that have affected me in the first three betas, but in beta 4 and 5, my phone will freeze (done it four times today) on the unlocking screen, then I hit the power button which turns the screen off, try to unlock again and then the slider bar is gone and I am forced to do a restart. It did this six times today.

Anyone else having this problem?

2. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Have your update behaviors been consistent? Did you Restore and Update? Did you Restore as new iPhone?

3. Abyssgh0st thread starter macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I just restored and updated, did not set it up as a new phone (Mainly because it's a total pain, I have over 20 WiFi networks and 5 Bluetooth devices I'd have to set up again) so I'm waiting till the actual 3.0 release to set it up as a new phone again.

4. Pared macrumors 65816

That could be part of your problem. I believe developers were told to always install fresh.

5. smuffle macrumors newbie

I thought these things only happened to other people

I've been developing and playing around with the betas from the start and all has been going well.. until my iPhone literally died yesterday. I put it in my pocket (working) and took it out 10 minutes later to find it wouldn't turn on. I figured that my beta had expired (the timing seemed right) so when I got home, I tried to update it.

2 days later, I now believe it is possible to brick a phone. It's dead. I've never believed such posts in the past (noobs...tut.. tut...) but I'm now a believer. You wouldn't believe how many things I've tried and how much I've surfed to try and find an answer. Every time, "Error 1601" I've reinstalled, redownloaded, change USB ports, reinstalled my developer cert, changed cables, changed Macs (twice), downgraded to iTunes 7.5, tried flashing firmware 1.1.4, 2.2.1, used recovery mode, used DFU mode, banged it against the wall mode - I really do believe I have tried everything but to no avail. It's not even jailbroken. All the signs point to a corrupted bootloader (lovely) OR I'm missing something embarrassingly obvious..

Anyway, just a warning to casual users. You may not mess things up as much as I have but there's a possibility of time consuming "hassle"