Anyone having second thoughts about which 4G version you got?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by noles200, Mar 18, 2012.

1. noles200 macrumors member

I am having second thoughts. I have VZW iPhone and opted for the VZW iPad but now having second thoughts that I used an AT&T sim and saw how impressive the faux 4G service is in my area (7 to 9 down). I know VZW isn't going to have 4G here for at least a year and by then I'll have an iPhone 5 which will have 4G and I can use that as a hotspot so while I thought that was a good option, now I'm thinking it may be better to switch to AT&T version for the 3GB @ $30/mo.

Anyone else feel the same way.....or does anyone feel the opposite, should have got the VZW over the AT&T?

2. Jessemtz25 macrumors regular

Jessemtz25

I got the 64gb Verizon white and could not be happier with my purchase!

3. noles200 thread starter macrumors member

I think I'd feel the same way with my 64GB Verizon if I had 4G in my area but sadly I do not yet. Probably one of the few areas in NJ that doesn't. :mad::(

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Nope. Got AT&T and between 4G HSPA+ and 4G LTE I'm covered!

5. JayDH macrumors 6502

I wasn't really sure which to get. I have had good experience with a Verizon LTE hotspot, but no knowledge of AT&T's LTE coverage in the Washington, D.C. area. From a quick search, it appeared that, where available, AT&T was giving faster LTE than Verizon.

I got the 32GB AT&T model and I couldn't be happier. The LTE coverage s great in my area and the speeds are incredible. Consistently getting 30-40Mbps. Whether these speeds will remain after more users start connecting to AT&T's network, I don't know. However, I suspect these speeds will be good over the next year. I'll reassess next year and get whichever is better then.

6. HuRR macrumors member

Yup. Went ahead and exchanged my AT&T version for the Verizon one.

7. rpungello macrumors member

I got the AT&T one

LTE: [​IMG]
    HSPA+: [​IMG]

Do I regret my decision? No, definitely not

8. noles200 thread starter macrumors member

Why did you exchange AT&T for VZW? I'm thinking opposite for reasons stated in opening of thread.

----------

For me the HSPA+ is pretty close to that which is great. This is why I'm thinking of switching.

9. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

I exchanged my AT&T model for my VZW model. With VZW, my city is an LTE city, but on AT&T, it is not. I am very happy I switched!

10. patricem macrumors 6502

patricem

I got AT&T but am thinking of switching to Verizon. VRZ more coverage, 20$ plan,and you can put other cards in there too like T Mobile ( I think). I don't know what to do!! I wish I just got Verizon to start with. Mine is only to use as needed.

11. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

nope i'm quite happy with my vz model because even tho at&t has lte in my city but with only 5 major citys it's still spotty for me it's also made me consider moving to vz when the next iPhone comes out as well even though i would lose my grandfathered unlimited plan i think the the switch would be worth it.

12. Eallan macrumors 6502

Thrilled with Verizon because the idea of giving AT&T my hard earned money makes me want to vomit. I won't support them.

I can also drop on my galaxy nexus sim for unlimited lte.