Anyone having this problem with the 'Home' button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Raphy, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Raphy macrumors member

Yesterday my iphone started acting up (3G Iphone). EVERY single app i tried to enter would crash on me almost instantly. So i decided to do a restore (my first one on this phone- purchased july 11th). It didn't work and i can't stay into ANY app and its driving me crazy so i tried about 5 more restores. Then i took notice that the 1st press of the home button did nothing and i'd have to hit it twice to get it to close- shortly thereafter it became apparent that the clicks were just delayed and the apps weren't randomly closing (delayed by 10 or more seconds). i tested that and it turned out to be true. Then i noticed that the home button was overly sensitive....as sensitive as the touch screen (you don't even have to push down)...I mean WTF, has anybody had any similar problems and is there a way to fix this or do i HAVE to journey down to speak with a genius and possibly swap the phone?

Thanks

Oh and sometimes you don't have to even touch it...its like the contact inside the phone is brushing up against it (hardware problem)

2. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

It appears to be a hardware problem with your home button. My old Razr used to do the same thing. The select button would get stuck and would have constant contact so nothing worked correctly. Take it to the Apple store.