Anyone having trouble getting the calorie goal even with exercising?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Speedman100, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Speedman100 macrumors 6502

Speedman100

My calorie goal is 630 per day. I have gone for runs and stuff, and the runs take a good chunk out of the calorie thing, but then for the rest of the day I just can't get it to move.

Also look at my pictures. It gave me 239 calories for this run with an average heart rate of 182. I saw someone on here that got that many calories for a walk. Maybe it's because I'm so skinny that it takes a ton of work for me to lose calories. And maybe the person who I saw on here with the walk is a little heavy. Idk. I just think if I go for runs every day that the calorie goal should be easy.

Attached Files:

2. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

The heavier you are the more calories you burn. And running fast doesn't burn that much more than walking.

3. PatrickNSF macrumors 6502

PatrickNSF

The rule of thumb I've always heard is you burn 100 calories/mile. The better in shape you are, and the more efficient at running, the less calories you'll burn. Yours seems a little low to me. I've averaged about 86 calories/mile for my last two Apple Watch runs and I'm a pretty good shape...but old. My Garmon 620 has always seemed to over-report :-(

4. Speedman100 thread starter macrumors 6502

Speedman100

Yeah I'm young and pretty skinny, so it probably takes more effort for me to burn calories. I'm not in my best shape right now, but I have been running on-and-off for a number of years (usually taking a break in winter and running the most in summer), so my body probably works fairly efficiently. I can just lower my calorie goal or not worry about it lol

5. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

Thats not correct if you are talking about net calories.

Based on the OPs workout data his BMR is 1841 (calculated by taking resting calories for duration of exercise and extrapolating over the course of a day).

His data also suggests he ran at a pace of 6.64 mph. If we assume same calorie burn, a brisk walk at 3.5mph, it would have taken him 59 mins and 18 secs to cover the same 3.46 miles. This would equate to ~76 resting calories burned as part of his BMR vs 40 so his net calorie burn from walking would have been about 203. And in reality the energy expenditure from the walk is a bit less so they aren't quite the same to start but nonetheless.

6. rhyme macrumors regular

rhyme

You do know that you can change your Move goal if it's too high? Force touch from the Move screen in the activity app.