Anyone having trouble updating to iOS 4.3?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rkahl, Mar 10, 2011.

1. rkahl macrumors 65816

I updated to the most current version of iTunes, plugged in my iPad, clicked check for updates and got the following message "iOS 4.2 is the current version". When I went to update my iPhone 4 it immediately notified me that 4.3 is out and asked if I'd like to update. I ended up having to download the 4.3 ispw to my desktop and manually locating the file to update. Anyone know why this happened?

2. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Nope. I did 23 corporate iPads today. Make sure you are running 10.2.1 iTunes.

3. jordanabc macrumors newbie

I have the same issue...iphone 4 updated to 4.3, but itunes won't update the ipad.

4. rkahl thread starter macrumors 65816

Would it let me update my iPhone 4 to 4.3 if I didn't have iTunes 10.2.1?

5. Saberj macrumors regular

Thank you! I've mentioned in like 3 different threads, and never got any response. The iPad says 4.2 is the current version, but my iPod updated to 4.3 with no problems. I ran iTunes update to double check that it was the latest version, and it was. I have no idea what the deal is. I have a 16GB Wifi version, but I doubt that matters.

6. rkahl thread starter macrumors 65816

By chance, for those who are having the same problem, did you download 4.2 before it was released to the general public?

7. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

I didnt even need the newest iTunes..

I just threw in my iPad, restored it to 4.3, and took it back to futureshop for a refund.. (srs)

8. Saberj macrumors regular

I can't remember if I did or not. I seriously considering the Gold Master, since I believe it was unlocked. But I can't remember if I ended up doing it or not.

9. Saberj macrumors regular

So if anyone finds a solution, be sure to post it here. I would assume it would be possible to choose the upgrade file manually, if we had the final version file available for download somewhere. Correct?

10. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Sorry to hear that. You are right, you can manually downoad the ipsw file. It is pretty much all over the Internet since GM. I can't provide a link here.

The iPad file name you need to search is "iPad1,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw"

Good luck.

11. rkahl thread starter macrumors 65816

For Mac users:

1. Download this file to your desktop (iPad 1)
    http://www.quickpwn.com/2011/03/ios-4-3-download-links.html
    2. Connect your iPad to your Mac.
    3. Select your iPad under devices on the left side of iTunes sidebar.
    4. Hit the option button on your keyboard while clicking the "check for update" button under Version.
    5. Select the file you saved to your desktop.
    6. The update will begin.