Anyone having trouble with ipad3 magnet?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by spinedoc77, Mar 17, 2012.

1. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I've got a couple of Acase cases which work perfectly with my ipad2 in turning on/off my ipad when opened/closed. Neither of them work with my ipad3, I was wondering if anyone else had success using any kind of ipad2 case with the ipad3 and having the magnets function properly?

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

It sounds like more of a problem with your third party case than with the iPad. I have the official Smart Cover and am having zero issues with it.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Yep lots of threads here about cases not working as Apple moved the sensors. Do NOT buy the Targus Slim for the iPad 3 as it does not work. Amazon will be seeing the $50 case come back soon!

4. spinedoc77 thread starter macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, but I wonder why. I wonder if there is some hardware difference in the ipad3 which doesn't let my cases work with it. I've got a smart cover laying around somewhere in the house that I never use that I can use to test it, just have to find it.

5. jahman macrumors regular

Mine seems to have stopped working. Cheapo black leather case that worked fine with my iPad 2. Hmm...

6. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

People have been reporting that third-party cases haven't been working with the new iPad.

7. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

Yes I am having the same problem I wasn't sure if my magnets were even working I was going to bring the ipad back to the store and try the flip cover that is made for it as the new case I bought for the ipad isn't triggering the on/off function

8. jahman macrumors regular

It's not a major issue at the moment tbh. May not even bother replacing.

9. TRACON macrumors newbie

Targus Slim line for iPad3 ...... Fail !

Another verified failure of the Targus (like them normally) Slim line case for iPad3.:mad:

10. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

My original launch day iPad 2 SmartCover still works, but I think they did change magnet placement so it broke a lot of case designs.