Anyone heard about the Brydge?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheWheelMan, Apr 26, 2012.

1. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

It looks cool, but when you combine the price plus the cost of an iPad you are close to buying a MacBook Air.

2. ZipZap macrumors 601

And what about protection for the ipad?

Can you even use an ipad that might have a back skin with this keyboard?

I would rather have had then develop some sort of ultra thin case that you could put the ipad in but that also connects to this keyboard.

$210 is also way more expensive than this has to be. I feel like at that price there is a hefty profit margin for them when the purpose of kickstarter is to get something off the ground presumably to profit from the eventual mainstream release.

The new $99 logitech keyboard is probably a more cost effective choice since you will be able to get it for less once widely released.

3. breezyf808 macrumors regular

Daaaayyyyuuuum
    That's super expensive
    Well if u got the money that looks cool
    But only if the baq of the iPad had protection

4. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

It looks like it's going to be the best "attached" keyboard out there. The fact that it's made of aluminum means it will easily outlast your iPad. Makes me wonder if it has trouble with the difference in width between iPad 2 and iPad 3?

(and if you buy it now, will it work with iPad 4's as of yet unknown dimensions?)

I have been using the Incase Origami keyboard case and a standard Apple Bluetooth keyboard when I need to get serious writing done on my iPad. I've gone on a couple 7-10 day trips so far with that combo, and it's not let me down yet. The Origami case doesn't protect the iPad though, where the Brydge looks like it protects the fragile glass screen.

5. Wicked4u2c macrumors member

Too Damn expensive! Just got my Bluetooth Keyboard Case from Japan (even bought 2 extra to resell) and couldn't be happier! Looks like a MBP and fits fantastic!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      554.9 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      544 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg