Anyone heard anything new on slingbox iphone app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by krogers34, Mar 1, 2009.

1. krogers34 macrumors member

I haven't heard anything since macworld and thought it was suppose to be out by now

2. hippo206 macrumors 6502

They said they were going to submit to apple by the end of the 1st quarter, which technically means 3/31, then who knows how long it will take for it to be accepted (or denied:().

3. outz macrumors 6502

hope it will get here soon.. ill have to dig out my slingbox and get it hooked up.

4. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

I look everyday for news on this. The day it comes out i will buy a slingbox...

5. alchemistmuffin macrumors 6502

It might be rejected, because from what I know, the next :apple:TV WILL HAVE sling-box like capability built in.

They will announce it on March 24, with immediate availability.

6. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

When will this new Apple TV be released? I've been wanting to get one but I should wait until the new one comes out, so I can get the older one cheaper.

I don't care about the sling feature at all, I just need something better to stream my media than my Xbox 360(with no playlist support).

7. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

As far fetched as this claim sounds, It would not surprise me in the least. Apple has a long history of letting hardware and software developers innovate for Apple and then get bought out or cut out of the loop by Apple.

It would be a brick sized slap in the face to Slingmedia if Apple can get away with it without having to buyout Sling.

As a consumer I'll buy whichever is available or better. looking forward to either one.

8. seenett macrumors regular

I doubt Apple has any interest in buying out Sling, especially since Sling is owned by EchoStar (Dish Network). A better fit would be to buy Netflix which has a market cap of just over $2 billion. Pocket change for Apple. Netflix has a built in subscription revenue stream which would integrate nicely with an upgraded Apple TV.

9. mambodancer macrumors 6502

mambodancer

Now that would be nice, especially if you could play the watch instant content on AppleTV.

10. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

so where's this new ATV :rolleyes:

11. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

The app was submitted to Apple a few weeks ago.
    Waiting.....

12. outz macrumors 6502

I think he meant march 24th 2010! :p