Anyone heard of a Bible Program for iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidlw, Jun 20, 2008.

1. davidlw macrumors 6502a

Anyone heard of a Bible Program for iPhone 3G

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I'm sure there will be one, doesn't the normal iPod have one...

3. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

There's this iPhone website: http://www.iphonebible.org/#_home

Not the best translation, but better than nothing. :)

I would imagine it won't be long for there to be a few programs up on the App Store.. and if there isn't when it launches I'll put one together.

4. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

I used an ebook reader when I had a jailbroken iPod touch with the bible on which works remarkably similar to the link benmrii just gave.
    I'm sure ebook readers will come out first, and no doubt a dedicated bible app will also be around one day. Hopefully a nice one with study features and concordances and all sorts of lovely extras (like desktop bible software).

5. LastLine macrumors 65816

6. davidlw thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I am hoping that a actual app. will come forward when the 3G is released.

7. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

With a 2GB limit on apps, there is enough space for one, so I'd bet good money on it.

8. misery94 macrumors newbie

Check out OliveTree.com. They have a really nice offering for Palm and Windows Mobile. They have had an iPhone survey up on their site for a while. If you fill out the survey, they give you a discount code you can use toward a later purchase.

Laridian might be offering a product as well. They have a subscription based web app out right now, so they are pretty tight lipped on whether they will have something in the app store. I have to say that their Windows Mobile product for touchscreen devices is excellent. There is a wide selection of translations and reference works. You might email them and see what they are saying now.

9. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

Wouldn't it just make your iPhone blow up?

"Thou shall not worship false idols" it's in the commandments.

10. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

I'm pretty sure there will be Bible applications. Someone here stated that they were going to make one, I believe.

As for the New International Version, I believe someone here also asked for permission and got denied. So either the company is going to come out with one, or else we're stuck with web applications if we wanted NIV.

11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The Bible is currently available as an eBook in the Books app if you jailbreak your iPhone. It's KJV, but it's certainly better than no Bible at all.

12. macrat macrumors regular

I use their Bible Reader on my Treo 650 and it is awesome and easy to use. I have NLT, NIV, NKJV, and NASB versions and it allows you to switch between the different versions without losing your place in a particular verse.

Two months ago Olive Tree sent me an email survey if I would buy their iPhone app when it's available so I'm sure it's coming. I think they already have this available on the iPods. If available, it will definitely be one of my first purchases at the AppStore on July 11. :)

13. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

What's the point of having a bible on your iPhone?

14. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

There's a Web App Bible available already. I think it's called Net Bible. Go do a search in the Web Apps for "Bible" and you'll probably find a few.

15. qbcall11 macrumors member

What's the point of having anything on the iPhone??:confused: That's a dumb question...

16. macrat macrumors regular

Outside of the church and at home, I have access to my bible anytime anywhere. My backpack would be a little bit lighter. Yes I read mine everyday, everywhere. It's pleasantly addictive,....and keeps the devil away :D

17. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

So does garlic...Or is that vampires....?

18. fastbite macrumors 6502a

fastbite

19. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Well there's a 2GB limit for apps so there's space for a really detailed garlic app...

20. L3X macrumors 6502a

Olive Tree

I just got a response back from Olive Tree about a Bible app. Here's what he said:

It is in process. We cannot give any time-table. We are, for the most part, waiting upon Apple and their terms.

21. fasttech macrumors newbie

22. benspratling macrumors 6502

BibleXpress for iPhone

Howdy,
    My Bible application will be on the AppStore when it launches as well. Over the coming two weeks, I'll be releasing two more popular Bible translations as free updates. They came to terms a hour after Apple's deadline! Past that, there's already a software update and another translation in the works.

www.BibleXpress.com

BibleXpress is a Christian-Mac-&-iPhone-owner-designed-tested-during-actual-sermons-sunday-school-Bible-studies-and-quiet-times application for iPhone & iPod Touch.

23. davidlw thread starter macrumors 6502a

Looks great guys, I will check your apps. when available. Will either of you have a red letter version? Will you possibly one day have study notes etc. I know, I know you are just getting started but this is going to be a great platform to work on.

24. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher