Anyone heard of ios6 affecting BT audio quality?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by iapplelove, Sep 23, 2012.

1. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Long story short,been using an iPhone 4 paired with my car no issues with sound quality before and after iOS 6 update. Bought iPhone 5 Friday everything syncs fine except now sound quality over BT is a bit scratchy. Some have said it could be an iOS 6 issue not with the newer iPhone.

Any suggestions?

2. mostlynameless macrumors member

I found a couple of threads on the Support Forums with people having problems like mine (audio has little micro drop-outs). So, there are some BT issues.

I can't say I notice it being scratchy, but I think the volume is lower.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4324938

3. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

So far it's just fine in both a Ford and Mazda with BT Capabilities. Zero difference. In both cases, it's identical to the sound when hardwired via the USB.

4. Ripcord83 macrumors member

I have a 2010 Mazda 3 and BT with my iPhone 4 before & after iOS 6 had issues.
    it played fine but I had a weird pop/static sound every min or so.

got an iPhone 5 recently and I don't have any of these issues.

5. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

There have been reports of bluetooth issues since iOS 6 but they don't seem to affect everyone, no real rhyme or reason. Myself, I have had no issues at all. But I'm not a big Bluetooth user, only on occasion.

6. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Equalizer Settings WAY BETTER

Just tested out the BT Through my Ford a bit more this time with a very noticeable difference in Bass response. Apple definitely upgraded the EQ settings vs what they were.

My car has a pretty nice 13 speaker Sony Surround System and it made a very nice impact on the sound.

Thanks Apple!

7. andrew5000011 macrumors newbie

Poor Sound Quality

The upgrade to iOS6 has absolutely ruined the sound quality I experience in my 2012 VW CC. Today I thought I had a blown speaker or another issue before I realized what it was. From a previously great sound quality, to a scratchy, tinny, depthless sound. Extremely Disappointing.

8. BSoares macrumors regular

My 4s sounds like crap in my car now as well. Acura TSX. Volume is lower and quality is choppy as if signal was really bad but it's not. Speaker sounds blown like poster above reports too.