Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benneh

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2006
Hello all,

I just want to see who here has experience / dealt with these guys: http://www.mac-pro.com

I hear they ship Apple products overseas, and I'd like buy ahem, iphone..
Just want to see if they're legit

scienide09

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
Canada
I haven't heard of them myself, so I took a quick look around the site.

Looks pretty comprehensive, but I noticed a lot of minor errors in many descriptions and headings. Those could all be honest mistakes. However, to me that suggests of a lack of professionalism, which in turn makes me suspicious.

bericd

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2005
Bay Area, California
They are legit

The bricks-and-mortar store is on Stevens Creek in San Jose. I use them on and off and they seem fairly knowledgeable.

I've never used them for mail order (I live 5 miles from them), but I've always been happy with their service.

And, no, I don't work for them ;-)

kerotab

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2007
California
They used to be near my house on Blossom Hill, but they moved to Stevens Creek. I bought my Be.Ez laptop sleeve from them for my macbook. great store.

CTCT

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2008
Mac-pro.com

I Would Not Buy Anything From Mac-pro.com Again Their Service Sucks They're A Rip Off They Sell Used Hard Drives That Will Die Within The Year I Bought A Hard Drive From Them In A Year It Died I Contacted The Hard Drive Maker They Told Me That Mac-pro Should Not Have Sold Me The Hard Drive I Was A Black Market Hard Drive They Won't Give Me My Money Back The Owner's A Jerk And The Sales Men Lie Buyer Beware.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I Would Not Buy Anything From Mac-pro.com Again Their Service Sucks They're A Rip Off They Sell Used Hard Drives That Will Die Within The Year I Bought A Hard Drive From Them In A Year It Died I Contacted The Hard Drive Maker They Told Me That Mac-pro Should Not Have Sold Me The Hard Drive I Was A Black Market Hard Drive They Won't Give Me My Money Back The Owner's A Jerk And The Sales Men Lie Buyer Beware.

Ok Folks You Heard It Here First! No Doubt We Need To Take An Entire Post Seriously That Capitalizes Every Single Word!

Always check resellerratings.com. I know I didn't use caps every time but I still find myself important. ;)

chinarider

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2008
Ok Folks You Heard It Here First! No Doubt We Need To Take An Entire Post Seriously That Capitalizes Every Single Word!

Always check resellerratings.com. I know I didn't use caps every time but I still find myself important. ;)

Lets not forget the rambling lack of punctuation!

lancestraz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2005
RI
They didn't get a very good rating at resellerratings.com

...the movie

Coming summer 2009.

Batt

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2007
Syracuse, NY

Lets not forget the rambling lack of punctuation!

You guys are so cruel . . . tHaNK YOu.;)

GhostWhoWalks

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2007
I was in a pinch a few months ago and ordered an old processor from them which arrived without incident. They do have a bad Better Business Bureau profile also. I do not think I would recommend them based on the number and nature of some of their complaints.

sauria

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2001
Texas, USA
Any positives?

I am trying to buy some parts -- a mac mini case. They seem to be the only place that has them??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.