Anyone heard of Performance Systems International?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Unspeaked, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

Anyone heard of Performance Systems International?

I noticed some port scans from one of their IPs which looked odd. I then did a Google search for them and come up with all sorts of weird forum posts, ranging from people claiming their IPs were linked to malicious bots that scanned websites and changed site data to people claiming they're an external address that Apple applications like iTunes and Quicktime communicate with.

Has anyone heard of them before, and have a little more definitive info on them?

Thanks in advance...

2. ArubaGirl44 macrumors newbie

Red Flag, Warning, Warning ...

Performance Systems International is definitely up to NO good. I use the e-newsletter service Constant Contact and lately I've received several emails claiming to be from someone at the company, BUT, the IP address the emails are coming from is not in Waltham, MA, where the company is, but instead from Washington, DC. Further investigation showed the imposter IP is registered to ... you got it ... Performance Systems International. The emails ask me to call an 800 number that's totally unrelated to Constant Contact. What a mess. These phishers, vishers, scumbags ruin it for everyone.