anyone heard of right-stores.com

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ajwells1, Jan 7, 2010.

1. ajwells1 macrumors newbie

I am sure it is some sort of scam, but they have macbooks for $350. I was just hoping that someone else has already done a little research. Let me know.

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Unless they are broken or stolen, it's a scam.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

If it smells like a... yeah, it's a scam.

If it's too good to be true...

If the WhoIs Look-Up gives you the address as: Pokfulam road no. 1...

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'm definitely buying a MBP and iPhone. I have a code for the VIP prices. :rolleyes:

5. sheareb macrumors member

legit.... my @rse...
    "Payment
    1. What payment method you accept?
    We accept payment by Western Union, MoneyGram and bank transfer. Please see details on how to pay page.
    "

save yourself some grief and use your brains man...:rolleyes:

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Domain Name: RIGHT-STORES.COM
    Registrar: HICHINA ZHICHENG TECHNOLOGY LTD.
    Whois Server: grs.hichina.com
    Referral URL: http://www.net.cn
    Name Server: NS1.SUPERDNS.ORG
    Name Server: NS2.SUPERDNS.ORG
    Updated Date: 03-jan-2010
    Creation Date: 03-jan-2010
    Expiration Date: 03-jan-2011​

Would you trust a 4-day old site? That's a good sign of a scam.

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

Right! no legit company would do that! Legit companies accept credit cards or paypal. The other methods are a sure sure sign of a scammer, whether from China or Nigeria.

8. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

Well, ONLY accepting those options is a sign of a scam (especially not including Paypal, which is just pure laziness on their part really).

9. Mullitover macrumors newbie

Online Chat

I had an online chat with their forum and as I tried to ask questions regarding any way they could verify the first response was to look at their certificates which are in Chinese under "About Us" As I probed deeper they told me to look at the shipping records under "Send Good" in the upper right of the page. Then I asked for references in the US. Then they said if I don't believe I should just get off and not shop with them. I asked why he was getting offended and he said he wasn't it was just a suggestion. Then I asked if there was any way to verify their offers and he said, "No" All further attempts at questions were left unanswered.

I think they need to be reported to Fraud agencies and the FBI.

10. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

Too good to be true! $350??? That's PC money :D

Habitus :apple:

11. Eric M macrumors member

Definitely scam - beware

No consistency on the page - info on the footer suggests that they use paypal, payment methods say something completely different, page looks like put together in one evening...
    Oh, this one is definitely a scam!!!

12. ROZDOG macrumors newbie

Factual Vs Anecdotal Vs Conjecture

So the direct and honest answer is NO. None of you have ANY actual experience with this site at all. Did your best Scooby and Shaggy, maybe watched a couple of CSI episodes and made leaps in judgement based on no factual data then threw in some hayseed boogie man wisdom and that's it?

No one has had any business dealings with this retailer?

13. HBOC macrumors 68020

i take it you own that site?^

A MacBook for $300. Total scam. I wouldn't order an Apple product from anywhere other than the usual reputable places, Apple, Best Buy (as much as i hate to say that), etc..

14. old-wiz macrumors G3

Experience is not needed when the site is obviously a scam. I take it you work for the site or own it.

When checking for legit retailers, there are many ways to spot a scam or fake. None of the stuff on the site indicates that it is in any way legit. The very first sign of the scam is the unbelievably low price. If someone comes up to you on the street and tries to sell you a brand new Corvette for $5000, would you believe it was an honest deal? I think not - it's obviously a stolen vehicle.

15. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

16. HBOC macrumors 68020

during the last few months, there have been these cheap fake companies advertising on craigslist, spamming the electronics classifieds, sometimes pages long. This was on the Portland CL, but i am sure it was nationwide. They finally quit posting, but this website looks JUST like what these ads looked like.

17. devils punchbow macrumors member

Maybe you should support a local business in Portland instead.......
    http://www.powermax.com/

18. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I've never driven over a cliff, shot myself in the head, jumped out of a plane at 20,000 feet with no parachute or set myself on fire, but I can tell you conclusively that none of these are good for your health! How ridiculous to expect that personal experience is necessary to offer a valid opinion, when there is so much evidence available to those who actually use common sense and reasoning skills.

As this is your first and only post in this forum, it lends credence to the suspicion that you are, in some way, associated with the scam site being discussed.
    No, we don't need to get ripped off or scammed ourselves, just so we can tell others that the site is a scam. Look for suckers elsewhere.

19. blunderboy macrumors 6502

It looks pretty scammy to me. I mean, what kind of legit site would ONLY take Western Union, MoneyGram and bank transfers, and who'd actually sell MacBooks for $350, when the resale value for even the oldest MacBooks is around $500? I wouldn't touch these guys with a ten-foot pole.

20. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

Do we really need to discuss this?

Anyone is free to buy from them and report back when the goods arrive.

I set the over/under line for product delivery date at the macbook refresh date.

I'll take the over, way over.

21. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, we need to discuss this. People come here, looking for advice. We have a responsibility to warn them of scam sites like this. If you're foolish enough to ignore the warnings and give your money to them, that's up to you. And I DO mean GIVE your money to them, since you won't get what you think you're paying for. Meanwhile, we'll keep warning people who ask, so they don't get ripped off.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100205115655AABooK0
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100125133801AAlPA6l
    http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.right-stores.com
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/cameras-video/http-www-right-store/http-www-right-stores-com-a6273.htm
    Picture 1.JPG

22. HBOC macrumors 68020

instead of what, Apple? i look at CL for video games and camera gear, not for computer equipment.

23. sunshabs macrumors newbie

right-stores.com is a scamm

I looked at there stupid history of domain like how long this company is in business and they recently registered this domain name www.right-stores.com on january 2010. This is a Scam dont buy anything from them. They only wants people money and run away. thanks

24. nelsencaleb macrumors regular

This is kind of an obvious it's a scam if anyone noticed, but on the how to pay page they say in the description they do not have paypal, but then below it they have the logo saying they are paypal certified!

25. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Good Detective work Danno!;)