Anyone here calibrate their iPhone 6 battery?

zorinlynx

macrumors 603
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I always let my phone go all the way to zero when I first obtain it to make sure the battery is okay. It successfully went to 0, then died, then I charged it up. No issues.

This isn't so much calibrating as making sure the battery is good and doesn't die at 20%, though.

neoJeets

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Yeah, I calibrated once I got it out of the box. I calibrate my smartphone batts about once a month.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
First thing I did. So far so good, but hard to say if it actually helps, just something I automatically do with a new device. I'm consistently getting right about 10 hours on a full charge with my 6 Plus, under moderate mixed use — some games and camera use that eat battery, but also some low-CPU stuff like iBooks and podcast playback. That's 10 hours of actual screen on usage (~50% screen brightness), not standby time.

michael31986

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Is it bad to leave your phone plugged in the charger all night? These are prob myths.

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
Is it bad to leave your phone plugged in the charger all night? These are prob myths.
No because Apple actually only lets you charge to around 96% or so and then trickle charges to 99% and then drains until 96% again or something like that. If Apple just let the battery keep accepting a charge then yes.. But basically anything rechargeable nowadays will have safety nets like such in place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.