Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
I got a call from Best Buy while I was at work today, I wasn't home so my brother picked up, and they left me a message to give them a call back tomorrow. I am assuming they want to interview me as I sent in my application like 2 weeks ago. I currently work for Target (been there for a year) but I'm thinking about taking up a new job that's closer to home and that hopefully pays a little bit more.

I am a student and working for a retailer is pretty much my only option for getting a stable paying job that'll get me through college. I know there are better jobs out there but most of what I have found require me to be full time and I can't afford that while also being a full time student.

I know in general that retailers aren't very synonymous with treating their employees all that well, but how would you rate your overall experience when you worked for Best Buy? Anything you liked, disliked about the working there?

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
Enjoy the discount. I haven't worked for them personally, but as a student I know plenty of friends that have. Non really had any problems, but it all has to do with the management at your store. A good boss makes all of the difference.

iMeat

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
No idea what they start at these days, I worked there in 98 and it was like 8 an hour, so im sure its gone up. The discount is well worth it most things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.