Anyone here from boston?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rhys105, Oct 16, 2007.

1. rhys105 macrumors regular

rhys105

Im going to boston next week and am thinking of getting either an iphone or an ipod touch, where is the nearest apple store to boston? ive looked and google and couldnt find one in boston which was a surprise.

2. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I am not from Boston but i went there for summer college, i spent a good 2 months going out and enjoying everything the city had to offer. In fact it was there when i first got my first mac :), ah the good old day.

Back to you, well i know of an Apple store in Boston, it was in the largest mall they had i forgot the name.

From Apple.com:

http://www.apple.com/retail/cambridgeside/week/20071014.html

A quick google search:

Apple Retail Store Cambridgeside
    4 reviews - Write a review
    100 Cambridgeside Pl
    Cambridge, MA 02141
    (617) 225-0442

After looking at the apple.com link i can remember that store, it was the same one i went to and it was my first :)

Enjoy, if you need to know anything else give me a PM.

3. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

there are tons of apple stores in boston:

cambridge galleria

chestnut hell mall

burlington mall

north shore mall

somewhere in the south of boston in a mall

and a store 45 min north of boston in new hampshire. they have no sales tax so you save 6%.

best is to find them on the apple site: http://www.apple.com/retail/

4. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

Apple is currently in the middle of building a flagship store in the heart of Boston but until then (early 2008) the closest and easiest apple store in the city is in the cambridgeside galleria in neighboring Cambridge. To get there take the green line to the last stop inbound (Lechmere) and it is 3 blocks away from the subway stop (5 minute walk). Alternatively you can go on the red line to Kendall square and pick up the shuttle bus every 20 minutes. Google cambridgeside galleria for more info. Other option is to just go to best buy which has some apple stuff if you need something basic.

5. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

I recommend the cambridgeside option. That's where I always go, but mostly because it's close by and accessable via the T (subway). Also, if you need any 3rd party accessories like speakers or a dock for your new iPod, they have a mini-circuit city and a best buy right there, but best buy is often overpriced so go with circuit city. Word of caution though, almost every "genious" I have met at that particular apple store has been anything but. So, best to ask your questions here (macrumors) before heading to the store.

Cheers,

Ado

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

I go to the cambridgeside store regularly, and their touch stock is always low, so you'll have better chance getting an iPhone.

None of those are in Boston

7. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Man, I walk to Cambridge from Newbury street. I would walk it, and enjoy the sights. Helps with fattus-assus syndrome from computer use as well ;)

8. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

They're close enough.. farthest one is like a 20 min ride on the T

9. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

well, only native bostonians would differentiate between boston, cambridge, brighton, burlington........

to us immigrants it's all the same;)

anyway, cambridge is 2 min by T, the rest in less than 20 min by car.......