Anyone here go to CSUN?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AppleFanatic10, May 4, 2013.

1. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

How's the campus? Are the classes hard or easier compared to most CSU schools? How's CSUN's reputation?

2. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

I did. It's a commuter school, with as many students as UCLA but most commute.

Far as rep, what's your major?

3. AppleFanatic10, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013

AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Sociology; Criminology option. How are the dorms?

I won't be commuting because I live in the Lancaster area. That would be a little too much haha.

4. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

I have no clue. I went to grad school there (EE), did undergrad somewhere else

I'd say in general, because it's a commuter school, don't expect the campus life to be like UCLA

yeah that be a hell of a drive. on the plus side, anywhere is more fun than Lancaster lol

5. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

There's a possibility that I may be driving to Edwards daily for work, (if I get the job), so It'll be a little worse than just driving to Lancaster. Luckily my mom said I can stay home if I'm tired, and then go to school in the morning, but I'm thinking that it would be better to just drive straight to Edwards then straight back becuase of traffic in the morning?

How was it for your grad schooling? Did you like it?

6. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I lived in the dorms for a semester and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was decent, there were steak nights and other organized parties, and there were even quiet study areas. I would have stayed in the dorms had I not transferred to another university.

7. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I'm assuming you were a freshman? I know the new freshman suites are better than the UVA apartments. Those are the ones that I'm going to live in (UVA), if I get another decision.

I'm hoping I get in because right now it's my only option. I'd hate to do nothing for the summer and fall/spring semesters just to apply again and possibly get rejected once more.

8. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I was indeed a freshman and I wish you the best of luck in the acceptance process!

9. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Thank you!

10. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

I'm engineer and their engineering department is good for a Cal State and got me a job at a utility. They're also one of the few Universities in socal to offer courses in power engineering so I have no regrets.

11. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Yes, I've heard that they have a great engineering program. Before I changed my major I was going to go in as a CIS major. Found out that CIS wasn't for me and I couldn't see myself doing that for the rest of my life. So I switched to Criminology instead.:D

12. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

I dropped by CSUN earlier this afternoon to talk with a professor.

Good luck w/ it and enjoy college. And good luck on that job at Edwards too. I was planning to get a job at Edwards back in 2008 but it would've been an hour 45 min drive for me one way. But they do some cool stuff over there.

13. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Ah! I love going to the CSUN campus. It's beautiful!

Thanks for the encouragement on both and school. This is a VERY stressful time for me; it's the first time I've actually applied to a real university and I'm hoping everything comes through for this one.

Edwards is... Different. I'm from the San Diego area; so as you may know its a BIG adjustment for me. I do think that it's cool how they collaborate with NASA for some of their stuff though. I recently found out that Edwards has been in a couple movies too.. Iron Man, Spider-Man, and I think Transformers? I've always wanted to be an extra but I don't think they wanted any civilians lol.

14. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10