Anyone here good at Economics?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by noodlemanc, Jun 2, 2013.

1. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

Hey guys... If there's anyone here that's good at economics, I wonder if you could please help me out? I need a labour market model to show how a decrease in labour demand (by employers) would increase involuntary unemployment. The situation is a meatworks shutting down in a small rural town, and I need to apply a labour market model to show how the shutting down of the meatworks (which employes a large percentage of the townspeople) would affect involuntary unemployment. So if anyone could point me to a model that shows this, I'd be very grateful!

Thank you very much!

2. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Wouldn't any decrease in the number of workers needed increase the unemployment?

Your looking at the question too deeply.

Wouldn't you use the Keynesian model of increasing government spending to increase jobs? Therefore boost the GDP?

3. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I have this somewhere in my macroecon notes, I'll try to find it if I have time

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Sounds like someone is unwilling to do their own homework. I'm a fan of homework help, I'm not a fan of doing the work for you. Did your teacher not explain to you where you could go for this information?

I bet if you google (because I did) "labor market model decrease in labor demand" the results might surprise you. ;)

5. SMDBill macrumors 6502

Easiest way to find it is probably in your econ textbook. Here's info similar to what your book probably says: http://www.econ.tcu.edu/harvey/1233/text/part_08.html

I'm all for helping, but not at all for doing it for someone. Google was an excellent resource during my econ studies.

And look at this right on the face of it. Most of the town works there, if the company cuts back most of the town will be involuntarily unemployed. What's the impact?

6. noodlemanc thread starter macrumors regular

noodlemanc

K, I think I've figured it out. Thanks everyone!