Anyone here have the European SNES Classic?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spaceballl, Oct 2, 2017.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I haven't opened my American SNES Classic yet... The Eurpean version is coming from Amazon right now... I'm not sure which to keep. The European version looks really cool, but I don't think it comes with the right power adapter. Is it just a Micro USB power cable? Any advice on which to keep? I don't think there's any downside to keeping the European version, but I wanted to check here first!

2. scottcampbell macrumors regular

It is Micro USB (console) to USB (adapter). I just plug my USB right into my TV.

Each version has the same exact games. I'd keep the one you like better aesthetically!

3. 0098386 Suspended

I have the European one. Yes it’s just a micro USB. All the games are the US versions so there’s no slowdown too.

4. laudern macrumors 6502a

Maybe because I'm Australian and grew up with the European snes, but I think it looks a million times better than then the us snes. Such a better design and better colour scheme all round.

5. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Does the European version have Contra 3 or "Super Probotector"? :D

6. Billburns macrumors 6502

Billburns

7. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

Correct. They are the 60hz NTSC ports of the games. That's fine on modern televisions as they can handle both NTSC and PAL.

For those wanting to mod the SNESMini, remember to use good dumps of NTSC roms.