Anyone here have the Moshi iVisor MacBook Pro Screen Protector?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lsquare, Jul 25, 2017.

1. lsquare macrumors 6502

I'm looking to buy one for my MacBook Pro 15" with Touchbar. Anyone here have one and able to comment about their experiences with this screen protector? Is it easy to apply? Easy to get rid of air bubbles if something goes wrong?

2. tvith, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017

tvith macrumors member

I have this on my 15" 2017 MBP and love it. Of course it removes a very very very little "shine" from the quality of the screen, but I can't really notice the difference. I initially applied it because I was having some eye strain problem with the MBP, but after applying I loved how it looks. The screen, when off, seems to almost match the space gray of the MBP and I love that look. My wife didn't even realize I had applied it, I had to show her the webcam cutout for her to believe me, lol.

As for applying, I placed the bottom flush against the bottom hinge, which makes it easier to apply. There was no bubble issue, if I remember correctly, it's designed to be bubble free and I was blown away when I realized they were right, lol. It did take me a few times before getting it right, the hardest part was matching the webcam cut out and the light cutout. Best to do it under a light so you can see where the cutout is.

3. meteoreos macrumors regular

meteoreos

I was thinking about purchasing it for my 2015 pro, but I'm worried that it'll have an adverse effect on the anti-glare coating.

4. HerbertDerb macrumors regular

HerbertDerb

This was my fear too. People have been reporting that after a while, when trying to peel it off, it might take part of the anti glare with it....

5. lsquare thread starter macrumors 6502

Why not start from the top to get the screen protector to align with the webcam?

6. tvith macrumors member

Because the height and width isn't 100% so the easiest way to eliminate any tilt was by putting it flush to the bottom.