Anyone here have the new "Magic Keyboard & Mouse?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MacM4ODA, Mar 26, 2016.

1. MacM4ODA macrumors regular

when i go to "System preference" and click on "Mouse" it shows the batt. power, but when clicking on keyboard, nowhere does it show keyboard batt. power, is there any way to find the remaining batt. power for the keyboard?

thank you. :apple:

2. chrfr macrumors 603

In the system preferences, I see battery icons for the keyboard, but for an exact percentage I need to use the Bluetooth menu bar item.

3. kazibole macrumors member

Mine shows under System Preferences -> Keyboard.

Screen Shot 2016-03-26 at 11.45.37 AM.png

4. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Click on the BT icon in the menu bar... then, hovering over either Mouse or Keyboard reports the battery level.

5. MacM4ODA thread starter macrumors regular

BT......?

i just can not believe all the changes this new iMac has made over my 8 y.o. Mac.., i have a lot of catching up to do.

6. dwfaust, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016

dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

BT = BlueTooth. If you check the box to put the icon on the menubar, you can see the remaining battery via the icon on the menubar.

If you don't have the icon displayed on the menubar, you can see a graphical estimate of remaining battery in the System Preferences > BlueTooth applet.

bt.png bt2.png

7. MacM4ODA thread starter macrumors regular

i am so totally unfamiliar with blue tooth an many other strange names in this new modern computer world.
    i'll look into B.T., is it something i can just click on and it pops up ?
    thank you. :apple:

8. scoobysnax macrumors newbie

Speaking of preferences, I just ordered the 27" and was wondering if there is a way to keep the black menu bar at all times. Seems like it's only available for some apps.

9. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Bluetooth is the wireless tech that your Magic Mouse and Keyboard are using to connect to your iMac. The icon is in the upper-right hand tray area next to the clock; it looks like a rune (because that's what it's based off of).

When you click on it you'll see the devices connected via Bluetooth and you can see what the battery percentages are.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 4, 2016 ---
    Go to Settings > General and there is a check box labeled "Use dark menu bar and Dock".

10. scoobysnax macrumors newbie

11. MacM4ODA thread starter macrumors regular

i found it...., i found it, took a bit of searching, because it was not on, "The icon is in the upper-right hand tray area next to the clock", but it is now. thank you. :apple: