Anyone here live around/on Lakenheath AFB?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Airforce, May 25, 2007.

1. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Just wondering how life is/price of living/good family place? I've seen a few folks from the UK on here, so hopefully someone has a clue.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

My fiancée and I stayed with the parents of a friend there for a few days about six years ago. Don't know much about cost-of-living...they lived in a very nice house courtesy of the USAF. There's not a lot there besides the base, but it's a cute little place. Ely's not too far away, and Cambridge is just a bit of a drive.

They certainly enjoyed living there, but their kids were grown, so the family aspect wasn't as much of a factor for them.

3. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

This sounds like a stalker/paedophile thread. Just my opinion.

4. iGav macrumors G3

I have to ask... how on earth did you come to that conclusion? :p

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

:confused: :confused: :confused: If you are implying that the OP is a stalker or a paedophile, you had better come up with a credible reason. You can't just bandy around stuff like that.

6. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I don't live there but spent quite some time in Leiston which is closeish.Suffolk in general is very nice,if a little flat.Lakenheath is much like any other AFB but is close to some very nice places.Cost of living,housing food etc is fairly low (by UK standards).Their are other RAF/USAF bases in the area and I believe some of the forces housing is being used for social housing for locals.Overall nice place rural but handy to London.

PS I think the previous post about pedophiles was a none to subtle reference to the bodies from the Soham murders been found near Lakenheath.

7. Airforce thread starter macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Huh? I might be following the F15E there and have a son on the way. Odd opinion you got there.

8. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Sorry if you guys are p1**** off, It's just awkward to ask if anyone'round here lives in a certain area, next they give a more general area and a photo from teh MR gallery and wham bam thank you ma'am we get some dead MR guy killed by some serial stalker asking an "honest" question. Extreme maybe, credible, possibly.

Never heard of it :(

9. Airforce thread starter macrumors 6502a

Airforce

You're an odd one :eek:

10. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

How the hell did you pull that from
    Why would a stalker/whatever care about the price of living? :confused:

11. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

If so then it was in incredibly bad taste. If not it was still an ignorant thing to say :rolleyes: