Anyone here play Rocket League on their MBP ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bo-waleed, Jan 14, 2017.

1. bo-waleed macrumors 6502

On OSX not windows.

Can you play it with DS4 Controller ? If so, Does it have vibration ? (When boosting, jumping or hitting the ball )

How does it run in your mac and which mac do you have ?

I am planning to get the new touch bar 13'' Base model, Can I play it in 60fps on it ? (I don't mind low setting but not much low, lol)

2. bo-waleed thread starter macrumors 6502

3. t2nerb macrumors newbie

I have a 13" MBP w/ TB. Playing the game via Steam on MacOS is pretty terrible. I'd say I'm averaging ~35 FPS on medium settings and 1440x900 resolution. You really don't want to play the game on any lower resolution.

However, when I run the game via my Windows partition, I average ~65 fps on the same settings. Definitely playable there. As for the controls, vibration and all controls work as expected. It's as simple as connecting your DS4 controller through bluetooth or wired connection with no need to install proprietary drivers.

Personally, I'd stay away from gaming on MacOS. The drivers just aren't as optimized as Windows to take full advantage of the graphics capabilities of your machine.

4. bo-waleed thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, That's really helped me.

Well, For me, Rocket League is the only one game that I really care for so that I can play it on OSX. And because I don't want to switch between OSX and Win 10x a day, lol.

Is your 13'' the base one ?

''As for the controls, vibration and all controls work as expected. It's as simple as connecting your DS4 controller through bluetooth or wired connection with no need to install proprietary drivers.''

Is this on Mac OSX ?

5. TIV macrumors newbie

TIV

I'd like to hear a reply from someone who's tested the game on their 15" with the 460 GPU.

6. t2nerb macrumors newbie

Yes, this is on OSX. In order to use a DS4 controller on Windows 10, you need to download some extra drivers.