Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

secretpact

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2007
I am thinking of starting one later this year if I can get the products/money together. I plan on running it out of my garage. Wondering if anyone here can offer any tips?

toxic

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
good luck competing with Amazon. depending on the product, they might be selling something for less than your cost.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I am thinking of starting one later this year if I can get the products/money together. I plan on running it out of my garage. Wondering if anyone here can offer any tips?

Do your research would be my number one tip. No point having the best looking website in the world if the products you list are available elsewhere for less. Make sure you understand how things like google ad words work. Again if your website doesn't come up in searches nobody will know you are there. Make sure you are familiar with online trading laws (distance selling, consumer rights etc) in the area you are going to sell to.
Most of all be wary of scams. You will be bombarded with spam with people offering to help your business. Good luck.

secretpact

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2007
Do your research would be my number one tip. No point having the best looking website in the world if the products you list are available elsewhere for less. Make sure you understand how things like google ad words work. Again if your website doesn't come up in searches nobody will know you are there. Make sure you are familiar with online trading laws (distance selling, consumer rights etc) in the area you are going to sell to.
Most of all be wary of scams. You will be bombarded with spam with people offering to help your business. Good luck.

I appreciate the response, thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.