Anyone here running a Retina Macbook Pro with Lion?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Woodcrest64, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Woodcrest64 macrumors 6502a

Woodcrest64

Just wondering if there is anyone who is still on Lion with their Retina Macbook Pro and also wondering how their experience has been with the UI and battery life.

I'm considering going back to Lion until ML has most of its kinks worked out.

2. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Your better off with ML, as there will be more development focus on the new OS especially for Retina.

3. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

What kind of problems are you having with ML? I have ML on my 2010 MB Pro and it runs seamlessly (knock-on-wood). What version of ML are you on?

4. Woodcrest64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Woodcrest64

Occasionally my computer will go back to sleep immediately after waking. Most of the time I can wake it the 2nd time but there are times where I can't wake it. Battery performance has gotten better with 10.8.2 but it still not quite as good as it should be. Some of the time the computer will lock up as well. I have used both Lion and Snow Leopard but Mountain Lion still feels like it has some kinks.

5. Queen6, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012

Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Did you upgrade from Lion or did the system come with Mountain Lion? I would be inclined to rerun the update as it looks like there may be a level of corruption as my own Retina has no issue with waking from sleep.

Have you installed any third party utilities gfxCardStatus?

6. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

This ^^^

I updated from Lion on my 2010 MB Pro and I have luckily (knock-on-wood) have not had too many troubles with my transition from L to ML. The only REAL problem that I have is occasionally my computer will shut itself off after opening the lid. It just started with 10.8.1 so I can't figure this out.

7. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

From varies of tests, it seems OS X 10.8.2 has better battery life than 10.7.4
    I'm running 10.8.2 on my rMBP, still running 10.7.5 on my iMac though.

8. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Have you tried to rerun the 10.8.2 update? I would download the 10.8.2 Combination update from Apple support and try that, it will apply all updates to your system. There may just be a file that is damaged from the 10.8.1 update.

9. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

Don't particularly want to try that because I don't want to loose my theme

----------

Ran it anyways and it is a 1.23GB file...ouch

10. gcby30 macrumors newbie

Me

I'm still on lion, not updating to ML anytime soon. This RMBP is smooth as butter and I don't want to take any chances - maybe when ML.5 comes out, I'm happy to wait till then. Not doing the EFI update either.