Anyone here seen or used the NEC LCD3090WQXI?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jjahshik32, Apr 17, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I know someone mentioned this monitor before and I'm very fond of NEC monitors.. just curious on if there are anyone here that used the LCD3090WQXI or if there is a good review.. it looks great and I hear it has even backlighting as well with some new technology + a 12 bit lcd panel? Perhaps the best 30" in the market today..

2. shokunin macrumors regular

NEC 30" haven't shipped in quantity yet... nobody I know has one yet. They were there at Macworld 08, which Macworld editors gave it a best of show award.

Most interest is at dpreview.com where Will, one of their R&D guy posts there.

NEC 30"
    another one
    another one..

Yes, it's $500 more expensive and less sexy than the ACD30, but it should be better than the current ACD and probably half the price of a $5K Eizo.

NEC's Spectraview calibration software is almost a must-have with the NEC monitors. That along with theirs or X-Rite's (Gretag) Eye One display2 colorimeter to get the best calibration out of the monitor.

I'm planning on replacing my dual 24" with one LCD3090 and one LCD2090UXi in Portrait mode. 2560x1600 on the 30" and 1200x1600 on the 20".